Update added by user Mar 28, 2014
UPDATE.Just sold a 2010 Motofino MF50QT-2 that i received for free with a blown crankshaft, i replaced the crank with an aftermarket taiwwan built and got it running again.
the plastics on the QT-2 were exceptionally durable unlike the QT-6 i originally owned, the scooter had been through a lot of hard miles in all kinds of weather and i have to say except for the blown crank it held up with only a few scratches.
the engine died at 3000 miles, the brakes were still original and had most of the pads left, everything still worked, i have to say despite everything i was impressed with the overall quality of the QT-2, if not for only having 10 inch wheels i probably would have kept it for a daily rider, it really came to life with the new crankshaft and a new Keihin carb.
if you are in the market for a Motofino i would not recommend a QT-6 but i think you would be very happy with a QT-2 or 10D model.
the owner of the company is an awesome guy i just wish things were followed through with my issues i had with the QT-6.
hind sight i should have just bought the 10D to start with.they do need to work on their warranty and allow consumers to change their own oil with a stipulation that if it is proven that damage was caused from improper maintenance the warranty is void.
Update added by user Sep 16, 2013
I gave up on getting situation resolved with Motofino, i recently bought another name brand scooter and it is great and a lot better quality at a cheaper price.
Original review posted by user Aug 16, 2013
Scooter has 2,621 miles on it and in those miles the engine had to be repaired half a dozen times.
I have been in contact with the company several times and was made empty promise after promise so finally i said just send me a good used engine and i will move my stuff over to it, i received a used engine with a blown crankshaft, i have to get a new crankshaft if i want to have any more use of my $1,200 scooter.
The owner of the company said i must be doing something wrong if the original engine keeps losing oil (it leaks out of the block), he also said i requested a used engine and that is what i got, he refuses to do any more to help even when i explained that the used engine he sent was blown.
I have seen a few other Motofino scooters leaking oil so i am not alone.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Subaru seems to randomly cover or not cover engines in the STi model that break piston ringlands. I had to get quite hostile to finally get reimbursed for my..."
- "NEVER BUY A FOREST RIVER PRODUCT!!! We purchased a new FR Rockwood 5th wheel in July 2015 it is now April 2016 and our unit has been in the dealer warranty..."
- "This is just one example of Forest River Salem Cruise Lite issues.. Now, its important to understand the Forest River offers the idea of camping to folks that would not..."
- "I started with 30 boxes of the Tarkett coco berry flooring. I was to be covering approximately 500 square foot, upon opening I noticed a lot of..."
- "My girlfriend and I checked into the Comfort Inn in Mt. Airy, N.C., only to find bed bugs in the room. With nowhere else to go, we were put..."
- "So I have submitted a receipt from door dash online that states what I have ordered. When I got my food it was the complete opposite. I ordered a mac..."